Monday, May 4, 2009

Korea NSLI-ers on Facebook!

Yesterday I got a Friend request from a person going on the NSLI trip to Korea! We started talking, and then I decided to add some people from the email addresses you can see from one of the Ladies who e-mails us. It turns out that NSLI people have been adding each other on Facebook for the past few days, and trying to get to know each other before the big take-off. But, I really think that the only reason was to talk about how excited they are to someone thats not going to roll there eyes. I completely agree, every time I say something at school, someone is like...but you'll be gone, or just something depressing like...I wish you would get scared and come back here next year...but I'm glad you got in! ARG! Its pretty annoying. But, I've finally found some people to talk to about going and about asian stuff in general. Like their drama's and music, and they don't get annoyed with me or roll there eyes, or just plain glaze over. Its amazing! They know what I'm talking about and they completely agree with me! : D Also, today I got an e-mail from the Lady again, but this time it was about T-shirts! Everyone is going to have the same T-shirt! That is the most DORKY thing I've ever heard of! Its ok when your inside some huge church where no one can SEE you...but this is traveling around korea wearing the same T-shirt...it just shouts TOURIST!!! LOOK AT ME!! I mean...people already look at americans funnily in asian countries...should we really give them another reason to? I mean...a whole pack of them...wearing the same T-shirts for crying out loud. But, I'm glad I get a T-Shirt! I like T-Shirts <3 haha. Well, I guess I'll just have to see. Hopefully, she means we'll wear them at the same time...during orientation...in Washington D.C. rather than in Korea. That would uver suck. Well, time for bed...or staying up untill 1 on Facebook, God only knows what shall happen next... SO EXCITED! 59 days left!! ...well...actually 60 right now...but...59 in 2 hours : D I have to make the date as closseee as possible : D

1 comment:

  1. hey^^ i'm really excited for you!! we'll be in same area:) as in Asia, kinda huge area, but it'll be still closer than houston and tokyo. we will be able to call each other without worrying about the time difference and stuff^^ i'll see you around.
    FIRST COMMENT!!WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete